Translink and Ulster GAA have launched the Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award which celebrates the outstanding contribution made by young members of the association to their clubs and communities throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This year, more than most, it is important to recognise the young people who have risen to the test in what has been an extremely challenging year for our clubs and communities.
This is an excellent opportunity for us to gain some recognition for our young members, aged 14-24 years old, whose actions best demonstrate the volunteering ethos and community spirit of the Association.
Members are invited to submit their own nominations using the link and instructions below – OR by emailing email@example.com for support from the club leadership and committee.
The nomination process closes on Monday 12th February.
The winner will receive a certificate & specially commissioned Volunteer of the Year merchandise from Ulster GAA and, courtesy of Translink, a voucher for complimentary Enterprise Class travel for two people to Dublin (for use in the future). They’ll also receive a free set of Translink-sponsored underage jerseys for their club.
Let’s use this opportunity to gain some recognition for the effort and contribution of the great young people in our club ranks.
Submitting a nomination directly:
Submissions are invited to celebrate young people who have made an outstanding contribution to their club over the past number of difficult months.
NOMINATE a young volunteer from your club who has made an outstanding contribution to be in with a chance of winning the Translink Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award by visiting https://ulster.gaa.ie/youngvolunteeraward/.
The criteria for the Translink Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award are as follows:
- Young volunteer (14-24 years old) who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their role as a volunteer during the previous 12 months, as nominated by their club.
- Has dedicated a substantial amount of time to volunteering and shown an ability to go above and beyond the typical expectation of someone their age, in the previous 12 months.
- Has impacted on others, been an inspiration and/or positive role model.
- Has adapted their volunteer delivery during Covid-19.
- Commitment given to continuing their volunteering within the club.